Jazz-Mataz is a fun music, movement and language programme designed to help meet the criteria for developmentally appropriate musical and fitness activities specific to Infants, Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers.
- Research has shown that music is one of the few activities that uses both sides of the brain – the logical and the creative- at the same time.
- Together with fitness and movement, our fun filled sessions offer the complete pre-school development package.
- In addition, Jazz-Mataz helps children to develop their social, interactive and sharing skills through the use of basic musical instruments, singing, dancing and lots of movement.
- The program can also integrate foreign language into the program, which makes it even more exciting!
- To participate in a group
- To share and take turns
- Concentration and listening skill
As a result they will: –
- Increase their confidence
- Improve their language skills
- Be aware of their cultural heritage and musical traditions
- These objectives are achieved whilst having fun in a stimulating and imaginative environment.
Sessions vary according to the needs of the group, but may include:-
- Nursery rhymes, songs and dances
- Music and rhythm using simple percussion instruments
- Musical Games, Fun Fit routines and Storytelling
- Jazz Bear is a major element of the sessions – he is always present and he “talks” to the children!
Why not book a free demo at your Centre?
- A Jazz-Mataz teacher can come each week and deliver the programme at your Centre.
- We are also available to present one–off sessions.
- We provide all of the equipment including the instruments, puppets and props that we use in our groups, at a time that suits your Centre’s routine.
- The idea isn’t to create perfect performances, but for everybody to join in, experience using musical instruments, sing and act out exciting themed songs and above all have lots of fun.
- Together with Jazz Bear as its mascot, a fantastic array of musical instruments and excellent energetic fully trained Jazz leaders, we believe that Jazz-Mataz is an absolute must for the development of any pre-school child.
Community session for preschoolers and their parents
- JAZZ-MATAZ is a social event for both parents and pre-schoolers (parents attendance is optional) and a programme using music, rhyme and song to enhance development.
- Bring your child along, meet Jazz Bear and make friends for a fun packed experience!
- All JazzMataz members get FREE access to our online learning resource ENGLISHZONE
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my child won’t join in?
- Most children are quite shy to begin with and many take several weeks before they feel confident enough to join in. But all children who come regularly seem to gain in confidence and enthusiasm for the music.
- If you feel they are ‘wasting the session’ don’t worry, children are often absorbing a lot of what goes on and you often find that they start performing as soon as you get home!
What if my child has a tantrum?
- The sessions are very relaxed and your child is welcome to wander around and look at the props we use but if your child is disturbing the session, then we ask that you remove them to the adjacent room until they have calmed down.
Can I leave my child?
- Children remain the responsibility of parents/carers throughout the session.
Do I have to sing?
- No, but your baby or child likes the sound of your voice best, so if you can join in, even if it is just a little, they will enjoy the session more and will be more likely to join in themselves.
- The sessions are as much for parents/carers to learn new songs and socialise as they are for the children.
What if I don’t know the songs?
- Don’t worry. There will be a mixture of traditional nursery rhymes and other songs, and we run the same session for four weeks in a row, so that you and your child pick up the new songs easily.